A major consideration for every business in the digital economy will be understanding the people they need in their businesses. This page contains some resources that you can use to identify the skills your staff will need, to assist with training or new hires.
- Skill gap analysis, via eHow.com
- How to create a skills matrix
- Using an Employee Skills Matrix, via UMACS Business Solutions
- Mapping competencies, via eHow.com
Jobs of the future
Here are some articles and reports looking at the jobs and workplaces of the future. It may give some indication of the types of roles you may have in your organisation in the future and what you have to do to create the right work environment for future employees.
- Jobs of the Future – from ForeignPolicy.com
- The fastest dying jobs of this generation (and what is replacing them) – www.atlantic.com
- The Evolving Workplace – a global report commissioned by Dell and Intel – Australian analysis available here.